Cleaning & Sanitation Guidelines
Newburgh Fitness will remain open and available to all members. This includes all classes and personal training. Newburgh Fitness is not like the other mega-germy gyms. We are smaller, less crowded and our staff members sanitize our facility daily to keep our gym and equipment looking clean, new and sanitized. With this in mind, we would like to address the recent concerns regarding the Corona Virus, the extra precautions that Newburgh Fitness is taking and what Newburgh Fitness expects from our members to help prevent ALL illnesses that spread in public places.
What precautions does Newburgh Fitness take?
- Newburgh Fitness has always used and provided “FOOD SERVICE” grade sanitizer that kills 99.99% of all germs including all virucidal and fungicidal contaminants. This is the product that we use in our “SANITIZE” spray bottles provided for member use.
- We have always used and provided “FOOD SERVICE” grade hand soap in all bathrooms that kills 99.99% of all germs including all virucidal and fungicidal contaminants.
- We have always used and provided “HEALTHCARE” grade hand sanitizer located at the front door that kills 99.99% of all germs including all virucidal and fungicidal contaminants.
- We are adding extra cleaning shifts ON TOP of our current daily whole facility cleaning regimen.
- We are exchanging the member supplied cleaning clothe 4 times a day to keep them fresh and clean.
- We expect members to sanitize all equipment after each use with the facility provided sanitizer.
- We expect members to wash hands before and after gym use.
- We leave hand sanitizer out for optional use; however, it’s proven that washing hands with soap and water is more effective than hand sanitizers.
What precautions should members be taking?
- Members should REFRAIN from frequenting any public place including Newburgh Fitness if they show any signs of illness including vomiting, diarrhea, fever, chills or aches.
- Members are expected to sanitize all equipment after use with the supplied sanitizer.
- Members should always wash hands before and after workouts.